- 1 (3-5 pound) chicken
- 4 mandarins, oranges, or clementines
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon fresh juice
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 3 each garlic cloves and shallots
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of a roasting pan. Cut citrus into halves & chunks. Slice one lemon thinly.
- Place the chicken in the roasting pan. Using your fingers gently loosen the skin over the breast of the chicken, and place lemon slices and thyme sprigs under the skin.
- Stuff the inside of the chicken with the shallots, a few sprigs of thyme & chunks of citrus. Tie the legs together using kitchen twine. Rub the outside of the skin with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and fresh thyme leaves.
- Place all the citrus pieces around the chicken along with the garlic cloves and thyme sprigs. Pour the orange juice & lemon juice into the pan. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thicken part of the breast reads 165 degrees. Baste the chicken every so often with the pan juices.
About this recipe
For more yummy (and beautiful) recipes, follow Teresa at her blog foodonfifth.com