Garlic scapes, olive oil and salt and pepper are whirled up into a pesto perfect on most anything.
- Phyllo dough (16 sheets)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green onions, or green garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch (8 cups chopped) greens, such as kale, chard, spinach or a combination of
- 4 ounces goat or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Layer 8 sheets of phyllo over an 8-inch pie plate, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, green onions or green garlic and cook 7 minutes. Add chopped greens. Cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Pile greens mixture in phyllo dough. Top with both cheeses.
- Whisk 4 eggs and milk together. Pour over greens mixture.
- Layer 8 more sheets of phyllo on top of greens mixture. Brush each sheet with butter. Crimp excess phyllo dough into a rim or crust.