- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh juice (from 1 lime)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup torn fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup torn fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 pound skirt steak
1. Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Whisk together the sherry vinegar, zest, juice, and 1/4 cup of the oil in a small bowl. Stir in the parsley, cilantro, mint, shallots, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
2. Combine the ancho chile powder, red chile flakes, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt
and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the steak with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle both sides of the steak with the spice mixture.
3. Grill, uncovered, to desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let stand 10 minutes; cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with the chimichurri.
About this recipe
Excerpted from 100% Real by Sam Talbot. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.