We love this bright chicken recipe from Nashville cook Teresa Blackburn. Serve pieces of chicken with some of the pan juices & roasted citrus, a crusty baguette for soppin’ and a simple arugula...
- 1 cup blood orange juice (about 4 oranges)
- zest of one blood orange
- 2-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate or orange balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar or honey
- sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 10 chicken pieces or 4 leg quarters
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes until slightly reduced, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool (or chill for up to 2 weeks).
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Place chicken pieces, skin side up, in a shallow baking pan. Brush chicken pieces with BBQ sauce. Sauce is not thick so apply a few coats. Place in oven and roast for 45 minutes, basting with BBQ sauce every 15 minutes. Serve chicken with good crusty bread for soaking up pan juices and a side of rice.