- 4 red bell peppers
- 3 green bell peppers
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Bay leaves
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, julienned
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F. Cut peppers in half, place on foil lined baking sheet. Roast until blackened, about 15 minutes. Wrap up in foil and lets steam for 15 minutes. Peel and slice.
2. Bring water to a boil, add chicken breast, ½ onion, 1 garlic clove & couple bay leafs. Cook 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Cool and shred.
3. Add olive oil to a large skillet. Add yellow onions & garlic let it slowly sweat for 20 minutes, Add peppers. Add canned tomatoes, thyme, couple bay leafs & chipotle pepper (to taste). Add chicken, jalapeno and salt and pepper.