- 2 leeks, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 carrots, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 2 orange or red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (4-pound) grass-fed chicken
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons Hot Chicken Seasoning (JM Thomason)
Preheat oven to 400F. Place leeks, carrots and bell pepper in a single layer on a roasting pan. Rub chicken with Hot Chicken Seasoning. Place breast side down on top of the vegetables. Roast 60 minutes. Scatter cauliflower alongside chicken, tossing in pan juices. Roast 20-30 minutes more or until chicken registers 170 on a meat thermometer. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise). Serve pan juices and vegetables with chicken. Serves 4-6.