- 16 sheets thawed phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4-5 cups cherry or small tomatoes, halved
- Fresh Oregano leaves
- kosher salt
1.Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Rub a 13 x 9-inch baking sheet with olive oil. Lay a phyllo sheet over half of sheet (so its draping over side). Lay another one sid by side draping over the other side. (The part draping over will be crumpled and folded over to forn the crust). Lay 2 mores sheets over the first 2. Brush with melted butter. Continue laying phyllo sheets over each other until you have used 12-16. Sprinkle phyllo sheets with shredded cheese. Arrange tomates on top of cheese, filling in gaps. Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper and fresh oregano leaves. Bake 25-35 minutes or until cheese melts and phyllo is browned. Cut into squares. Serves 6 as a main dish or 12 as appetizers.