- 4 cups peeled, diced tomatoes (a variety is nice)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled, grated and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
1. Mix tomatoes, peppers, carrots, onions, olive oil, and tomato juice in a large bowl. Cover.
2. Combine cucumber and sherry in a separate bowl. Cover. Refrigerate both overnight.
3. In a blender, puree about 2/3 of the tomato mixture. Combine with unblended mixture. Season with sweet paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Add cucumber mixture just before serving. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.