Here is a sprightly salad that makes the most of the season. Add chicken, shrimp or salmon to make it a main dish and definitely sprinkle on some goat cheese. It comes to us by way of McKel Hill. A...
- 3-4 peaches, washed
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced purple onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Wash, half and seed the cucumber (and peel if necessary). Slice the cucumbers into thin slices (or get thin strips with a potato peeler) and place in a bowl. Half the peaches, remove the pit and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Add the sliced peaches, onion and salt to the bowl with the cucumbers and toss to combine. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining ingredients in a saucepan until simmering and pour hot liquid over the cucumber-peach mixture. Toss to combine and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Watch Jesse's top tips for preparing this salad!