- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1½ cups natural peanut butter (natural preferred)
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained, or 3½ cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth or Sweet Potato Broth (recipe below)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
1. Put the chicken, peanut butter, tomatoes, curry powder, and cayenne in a medium pot and pour in the sweet potato broth. Season with salt to taste. Simmer over medium heat until the peanut butter is completely blended and the stew has a thick, even consistency, 20 minutes.
2. Serve, sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Recipe and Photos excerpted from Soul Food Love (Clarkson Potter, 2014) by Alice Randall and Caroline Randall WIlliams