- 1 whole fresh salmon fillet (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 stalks lemongrass, halved lengthwise
- 5 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2 lemons, halved
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place salmon on parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over salmon; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper. Sprinkle with lemongrass, dill, and tarragon. across the salmon so that they are spaced evenly.
2. Roast 20 minutes or until flesh pulls apart easily. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot, or allow to cool and then refrigerate before serving cold.
Recipe excerpted from Soul Food Love (Clarkson Potter, 2014) by Alice Randall and Caroline Randall Williams.
About this recipe
“I WANT TO KEEP THAT SPIRIT. I WANT TO KEEP THOSE FLAVORS. BUT I WANT TO DO IT IN A WAY THAT MY CHILDREN KNOW THEIR MAMA IS LOOKING OUT FOR THEIR BODIES AS WELL AS THEIR SOULS.”
— Caroline Randall Williams