- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound pulled pork
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12-ounce can hominy, drained and rinsed
- Sliced radishes, for serving
- Minced cilantro, for serving
- Queso fresco cheese, crumbled, for serving
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add pulled pork, green enchilada sauce, chicken broth, garlic, and hominy. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
- Divide posole among 4 bowls and top with radish, cilantro and crumbed queso fresco cheese.
Yield: 4 servings.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Chris Chamberlain's cookbook The Southern Foodie's Guide to the Pig: A Culinary Tour of the South's Best Restaurants and the Recipes That Made Them Famous
Related Stories & Recipes
Keep a pound or two of pulled pork on hand to make this quick and easy dish at home.