- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: crème fraiche and sweet chili sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Toss squash, onion and garlic with olive oil and spread in a roasting pan or baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, add diced apple, and continue roasting another 10-20 minutes.
2. Place squash mixture into blender with about half the chicken stock; puree. Add remaining chicken stock, cream, coconut milk and herbs; pulse until smooth. Alternatively use an immersion blender.
3. Return to saucepan and reheat. Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and garnish with sweet chili.