1. Place butter, flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar in a food processor and pulse until mixture is just blended.
2. Add water and pulse until a dough ball forms. Flatten, wrap in plastic, and chill 30 minutes. Roll into a 15-inch rough circle. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Combine berries, cornstarch, and remaining 1/4 cup turbinado sugar and toss to coat.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Pile strawberry filling in the middle of the circle and gently fold the edges up over the filling, leaving the center open. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake tart for about 40-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Be sure to line pan with parchment, foil or wax paper, as strawberry juice may leak out of the tart.
Watch Editor, Jill Melton preparing this tart on Talk of the Town on News Channel 5