Bushels of cherry tomatoes always take me by surprise. They still feel like diamonds in the rough. And they're still in abundance at my daughter's produce stand--chocolate cherry tomatoes, teardrop, s...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces feta or goat cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces cooked short pasts (such as penne)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup butter cracker crumbs (such as Ritz)
- ! tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes and sauté over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Add chopped garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Combine ricotta, feta and milk in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Add cooked pasta, tomatoes, zucchini, cheese mixture and basil; stir gently.
- Transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle butter evenly over top. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano, if using. Cover and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serves 12.