- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 strips applewood smoked bacon, (such as Nueske’s or other thick bacon) cut into lardons (matchstick cut, 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 ounces (1/4 pound) linguine pasta
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 Willow Farm eggs, divided
- Coarse ground black pepper
- Chives for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a large skillet set on medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sauté bacon and garlic in butter, allowing the butter to brown and the bacon to become crisp. Reduce heat to very low. Add the pasta and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat one of the eggs lightly. Add it to the pasta and toss well. When the pasta is well-coated, fold in the cheese, pine nuts and scallions. Remove from heat.
- To finish the pasta: Cook 2 eggs in one tablespoon butter, sunny side up and place on top of the dish. Garnish with chives.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of The Southern