- 8-10 tomatillos (smaller the better)
- 1-3 pickled jalapenos (you can find these in any Mexican section of a grocery store)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- salt to taste
- Cover tomatillos with cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. It’s important that they don’t completely fall apart. So if they become tender in less time, drain and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the tomatillos to a blender with how ever many jalapenos you can handle, the garlic and a pinch of salt. Blend to a puree and transfer to a bowl. Add the avocado and cilantro and mix until the avocado and tomatillos are well combined, but chunky.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Apolonia Navarro