- 1 Ruby Grapefruit
- 1 Navel Orange
- 1 Tangerine
- ½ Pineapple
- ½ Lime (for both juice and zest)
- ½ cup Toasted Coconut
- ¼ cup Ginger Chips (found at Trader Joe’s)
- 4 Tablespoons Walnut Oil
- pinch sea salt
- a few grindings of cracked black pepper
1. Using a microplane, get ½ teaspoon of zest from each of the citrus fruits.
2. Cut citrus fruits into thin sections. Peel, core, and slice pineapple into thin slices.
3. Squeeze juice from rinds into mixing bowl. Squeeze lime into same bowl. Add orange and grapefruit zest. (reserve lime zest for garnish). Add a pinch of sea salt and a few grindings of black pepper. Whisk in 4 Tablespoons Walnut oil.
4. Layer slices into saucer style champagne glasses (or martini glasses or glass bowls). Sprinkle with toasted coconut and a few broken ginger chips. Repeat layering, topping with coconut and ginger chips. Drizzle citrus-walnut oil mixture over each. Garnish with lime zest and serve.
See more of Nancy's recipes on her blog, Good Food Matters.
Related Stories & Recipes
Perk up your winter blues with this cheery cold plate. This combination strikes just the right notes—earthy to neutral to floral—firm to creamy to juicy—vegetable, fruits, greens. And color! Pretty...