- 1 Tablespoon Grapefruit Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Grapefruit Juice
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- pinch of salt and sugar to taste
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil or Walnut Oil
- In a small mixing bowl, add zest, juice, chili powder, vinegar, salt, and sugar. Cayenne, too, if you like. Whisk together. Continue whisking as you add the oil; it should readily emulsify.
- Spoon a little vinaigrette over leafy greens and toss until the greens are lightly coated. Mound onto plates. Add sliced beet, sliced avocado and grapefruit, goat cheese and drizzle these with the dressing too. Enjoy!
See more of Nancy's recipes on her blog, Good Food Matters.
Related Stories & Recipes
Maybe the holidays don't have to be a mad dash, stress-filled careen through the remaining days of the year. What if it’s simply fun? Fun, with an accent on simple. Here is a salad mixed with that spi...
There’s nothing to match the power and versatility of the mighty lemon, whose juice and fragrant zest elevate all manner of sweet and savory things. In this pasta recipe, the lemon is is the star ingr...
Ambrosia, nectar of the gods, made a misstep some time in the mid-twentieth century when it took miniature marshmallows and canned fruit sections into its company. For a dish that conferred immortalit...