- 1 Leek, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 1/2 large Lemons
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup shedded Pecorino-Romano
- 6 ounces Capellini (DeCecco is excellent)
- Heat olive oil on medium in a skillet or cast-iron pot. Add the leeks, and cook for about 5 minutes, until they become soft.
- Cook the capellini according to package directions–about 2 minutes in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain well.
- Place pasta in the pot with the leeks and olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt, red pepper flakes (a couple of pinches) and pour lemon juice over all. Add most of the shredded cheese, reserving some to garnish the top of the pasta after it is served. Toss well, so that the lemon, olive oil, and leeks coat all the strands of pasta.
- Serve in warm bowls. Dust with more pecorino. Enjoy!
Makes 2 generous servings.
See more of Nancy's recipes on her blog, Good Food Matters.
Related Stories & Recipes
Perk up your winter blues with this cheery cold plate. This combination strikes just the right notes—earthy to neutral to floral—firm to creamy to juicy—vegetable, fruits, greens. And color! Pretty...