- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 cups small diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups medium diced eggplant, skin on
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shaved parmesan
- Drizzle of truffle oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Set a large 12-inch sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
2. Once hot, add the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until they are wilted and lightly caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the eggplant and thyme to the pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is partially cooked, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini and squash and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste, and cook for a final 5 minutes.
6. Stir well to blend, dress with parmesan and truffle oil.
7. Serve either hot or at room temperature.