- 3 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Fresh sweet corn cut from 4 ears (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Roasted tomatoes
About this recipe
The silky roasted tomatoes and salty feta play off the sweet corn and mingle happily in this creamy soup. Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil make a fine substitute for the roasted tomatoes.
- Place bacon, shallot and onion in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Add potatoes and corn; stir. Add flour and stir well. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add milk. Turn heat to low and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- To finish, add feta, salt and pepper to taste and dollop with roasted tomatoes.
Related Stories & Recipes
Mashed winter squash practically makes itself into soup. It just requires a little seasoning and thinning out. I've always loved the combination of sweet squash with salty cheddar cheese. So I diluted...