- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb mixture
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet until hot. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Add the feta and Parmesan cheeses and the Italian herb mixture. Add ¼ cup olive oil, egg and milk. Stir until blended. Remove hot skillet from oven and add cornbread batter. Place back in oven and cook 25 minutes or until puff y and golden brown.
About this recipe
Do you have a cornbread creation you love?
Submit your recipe by tagging @ediblenash on Instagram or by sending an email to email@example.com. Place “Cornbread Contest” in the subject line and send it in by April 30. The winner will receive a Lodge cast iron skillet!