- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups water or broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Splash of wine or vinegar
- 1 cup milk
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add carrots, onion and garlic; saute 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Add tomatoes. Add broth to desired thickness. Simmer 30 minutes or until flavors mingle and blend. Add brown sugar, vinegar and milk. Stir well and heat through. Serve topped with croutons.