An art director I worked with for years at Cooking Light Magazine, used to quote her grandma, "you can't go wrong with pretty," she would say in her Southern drawl that made our co-horts a...
- 12 stalks asparagus, chopped, about 1 cup
- 5 ounces fresh arugula
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Steam asparagus until tender. In a large bowl, combine remaining salad ingredients and toss gently.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until combined. You may also use a small bowl and a whisk. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until all the ingredients are coated in the dressing. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Serves 4.