- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and sugar a 9 x 5 x 3" loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, oil, grapefruit zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
3. Meanwhile, bring 1/3 cup grapefruit juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. SImmer 5 minutes or until reduces to a nice glaze.
4. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. Poke holes into top of cake with a skewer. While the cake is still warm, pour the grapefruit-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool. Yeild 12 slices.
Une publication partagée par Edible Nashville (@ediblenash) le 27 Janv. 2018 à 11 :51 PST
Related Stories & Recipes
I've never really had a go to zucchini bread. I use different recipes all the time. This time, I pulled out the classic Silver Palate cookbook. Their recipe, that oddly enough I've never made, is p...