As a hot chicken fan, Emily Walters created a Facebook group called the Fraternal Order of the Hot Chicken (FOHC) for discussion and news about favorite versions around town. Also an excellent home...
- 2 onions, slivered
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup Weheni (or brown) rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 (10-ounce) cans Beef consomme
- ¾ cup white wine
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup grated Ementhaler, Gruyere or Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Sauté onions and garlic in oil 20 minutes or until browned. Add rice. Sauté 5 minutes. Place mixture in 9x13 dish. Arrange chicken thighs on top. Pour consumme and wine over chicken. Arrange kale over chicken and rice, tucking it into the mixture. Cover with foil and bake 50 minutes to an hour. Remove foil. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes more.