- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. To prepare crust, place flour, sugar, and salt into food processor (or large bowl). Pulse to mix well. Add cold butter in small pieces. Pulse or combine with a pastry blender until mixture looks like coarse meal (or pieces about the sizes of peas). Add water and pulse until mixture forms a ball. Remove dough, and shape into 2 discs, one slightly larger than the other, and wrap in a floured plastic wrap. Chill.
2. To prepare filling, preheat oven to 400F. While dough is chilling, pick through blueberries, removing any stems and green berries. Combine berries with sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
3. Roll larger disc of dough out on floured plastic wrap into a 11-inch circle. Invert into pie plate. Fill with berries. Roll remaining disc of dough into a 10-inch circle, and cut into strips. Weave strips over berries and crimp edges, sealing together.
4. Place pie on a baking sheet to catch juices that may run over. Bake pie, 45-55 minutes or until juices are bubbly and crust is browned. Remove from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting. Serves 10.