Here is a super easy dessert that's just as good as pie, but 5 times faster. Pour the berries in a shallow gratin dish (one with a lot of surface area for the crunchy topping), combine the butter, s...
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup turbinado (or raw sugar), plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour a springform pan.
- Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine the soda, powder, salt and flour. At low speed, add the flour mixture alternating with buttermilk, until just blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Top with blueberries and sprinkle with extra turbinado sugar. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan.
About this recipe
Watch Edible staffer Hope Anderson whip up the cake with Meryll Rose on the Talk of the Town show.