- 1 1/2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teapsoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place sweet potatoes in bowl; whip for 3-5 minutes. Add 1 cup sugar to melted butter, beat until blended. Add to sweet potatoes.
Slightly beat egg yolks before adding milk. Slowly add to sweet potato mixture. Stir in vanilla and spices. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; slowly adding remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Fold into the swee potato mixture.
Pour mixture into pie crust and bake about 40 minutes or until firm.