- 1 can chickpeas
- Juice from 1/4 of a large lemon
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon J. M. Thomason Tuscan Dipping Oil Seasoning Blend
- Salt and Pepper
1. Rinse and drain chickpeas, reserving 1 tablespoon of the starchy liquid from the can.
2. Add lemon juice, garlic, and Tuscan Dipping Oil Seasoning Blend. Process until combined. Turn processor down to low and add olive oil from the opening in the top of the machine in a slowstream until desired smooth consistency of the hummus is achieved. (You may not use all of the oil or you may need to use a little more depending on how smooth you like your hummus.)
3. Taste hummus and add salt and pepper, if desired, as well as more Tuscan Dipping Oil seasoning.
4. Lightly drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Tuscan Dipping Oil seasoning blend just before serving.
Enjoy with pita chips, crudités, or serve as a spread for toasted or grilled bread. Will keep fresh 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.