- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons coarsely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut squash into halves lengthwise. Place squash, cut sides down, in shallow baking dish. Add about 1-inch water. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Combine egg, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano, cream, ricotta, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Stir well. Stir in spinach.
- Remove squash from oven and turn cut sides up. Scoop out seedswith a spoon. Brush with oil and fill cavities with spinach mixture. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes or until a knife inserted inspinach mixture comes out barely clean. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Cut each half lengthwise into halves. Top with remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.