I threw this lasagna together as a way to use my fresh tomato sauce because frankly, I ran out of jars. Using what I had on hand, I layered the sauce with the no-boil noodles, which I think make a fi...
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450F or heat broiler.
- Cut peppers in half; remove seeds. Place cut-side down on foil-lined baking sheet. Flatten with palm of hand. Roast or broil 10 to 15 minutes, until charred and blackened. Remove from oven and immediately wrap peppers in foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Unwrap and peel peppers. Place garlic in food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped. Add peppers and remaining ingredients; purée until smooth.
Related Stories & Recipes
My daughter has been working at a produce stand for the past 4 summers. As a result every July through September I'm faced with baskets of over-ripe tomatoes impatient to be used. Mind you, I'm not co...