What an ingenious addition roasted beets are to a Caprese Salad. Here, with tomatoes not quite yet in season, the sweet beets are a welcome note to winter Roma tomatoes. Fresh arugula, mint and basil ...
- 2 ears, fresh corn
- 4 cups cold cooked short pasta, (penne, rigatoni)
- 25 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 12 ounces marinated mozzarella balls
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup each fresh parsley and basil, chives
- 2 tablespoons oil reserved from mozzarella
1. Cut the corn kernels from the cob. Combine the corn, pasta, tomatoes, garlic, mozzarella, herbs and oil. Toss well. Chill. Serves 8.