The soft chevre makes these grits creamy and delicious.
- 1 cups polenta (coarse cornmeal)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely grated
- Soak the polenta overnight if you can to speed up the cooking time. Put the water and polenta in a stockpot and bring to a boil, whisking briskly to prevent clumping. Reduce the heat to low and cook, whisking frequently, for about 60 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Add in the cream and continue cooking. Add in additional water as needed, until the grits are soft.
- Add in grated garlic. Add the cheese and butter, stirring gently until incorporated. Salt to taste.