Sweet potatoes and bourbon make good partners. The inspiration for this pairing comes from the 1979 cookbook called Nashville: 200 Years of Hospitality, a collection by the Tennessee Federation of ...
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard
- 1 14-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups brown lentils
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan Dutch oven, saute ground lamb with garlic cloves until lamb is still a little pink (about 7 minutes) . Add mustard, tomatoes, stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add lentils, stir well. Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, and cook 15 minutes or until potatoes and lentils are tender. Garnish with chopped chives.