Whether you're responsible for the entire feast or you're simply bringing a dish or two to the Thanksgiving table, we've got you covered with three different menus.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons (55 g) butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup (120 ml) bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed (55 g) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup (75 g) pecan halves
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Peel, wash, and quarter the sweet potatoes. Place them in a stockpot with enough water to cover them by 2 inches (5 cm) and bring them to a boil. Continue boiling them until they are fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain and transfer them to a large bowl. Add the butter, cream, bourbon, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg, and mash everything together with a potato masher or an electric mixer. Spoon the sweet potato mixture into a casserole dish and top it with pecan halves. Bake it for 30 minutes.