- 1 16-ounce grass-fed bone-in ribeye steak sea salt & coarse ground pepper fresh thyme
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Let steak stand in the refrigerator uncovered 1-2 days. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 300°F. Sprinkle salt and pepper on steak. Place steak in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and skillet. Heat oil and butter in skillet until hot. Add steak and sear 1-2 minutes on both sides. Remove steak and let rest 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile add chopped garlic, and fresh thyme to skillet. Cook 1 minute, adding juices from steak back into skillet. Slice steak and serve with garlic herb au jus.
About this recipe
Most of the grass-fed beef in Tennessee is grass fed and grain finished. Finishing the cows on grain adds fat or marbling to the meat, which many chefs believes makes for tastier, more tender beef.