- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Vigorously whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes. (do not exceed 1 hour)
- For chicken, pour over and marinate for 2 hours (do not exceed 4 hours)
- Skewer shrimp and smoke over indirect heat for 20 minutes. Or grill over direct heat 5-7 minutes.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Southernaire Market.