- 2½ cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 1 stick butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and chives in a bowl and cut the butter into the flour mixture until a coarse mixture forms. Add buttermilk and combine (dough will be craggy).
2. Flour your work surface and work your dough into a ball. Slightly flatten dough and knead by folding it over onto itself about 6-8 times. Roll it out to 2” thick and cut out circles. Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet and brush with melted butter, if desired. Bake 10-13 minutes or until browned.