- 6 chicken legs or 2 leg quarters
- 3 cups water
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 turnip, chopped
- ½ (8-ounce) package linguine
- salt and pepper to taste
- cumin (a pinch or two)
1. Put 6 chicken in a shallowsoup pot. Cover with 3 cups of water. Boil for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and cool. Drain, reserving the broth in the pot.
2. Remove the meat from the bone (don’t chop). Return to the soup pot.
3. Add the rosemary, sage, coconut milk, lemon and turnip to the broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add linguine, cook 10 minutes or until al dente.
5. Add salt, pepper and cumin. Serve.
About this recipe
Find Aundra year round at the Richland Farmer’s Market on Saturdays from 9-12 or order from her directly on Facebook or by phone. She never charges for delivery.