- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups pink tomatoes, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 20 muffin cups.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet heated to medium-high until melted; add tomatoes and saute 8 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Combine cornmeal and sugar in medium bowl. In separate bowl, whsk eggs and sour cream together until blended. Melt remaining butter and add to egg, blending well.
- Add tomatoes and egg mixture to cornmeal and stir until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.