- 2 1/2 lbs Roma tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dijon mustard
- 1 ounce fresh thyme, stems removed, leaves only
- 1/2 cup shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cups canola oil
- 2 1/2 ounce roasted corn
- 2 ounce medley of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large tomato, stored at room temperature
- 1 ounce rocket Arugula
- .5 oz Cotija crisps
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon crushed pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 6 ounces grated Cotija cheese
1. Wash tomatoes and slice in half. Place the tomatoes on a lightly oiled wire line sheet pan into a 400 degree oven and roast for 25 minutes until the outer skin of the tomato is light charred.
2. Allow to cool completely.
3. Place all dressing ingredients except for the oil in a blender. Start on the lowest speed setting and increase gradually to the highest setting.
4. Slowly add the oil in a fine, steady stream.
1. Place cotija cheese in the food processor and pulse to break up any clumps of cheese.
2. Spread the cheese lightly and evenly on a sheet pan lined with a parchment paper. Place in 300 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, or unitl golden brown. Note: if you do not bake long enough, the cheese will not be crispy.
3. Break up cheese crisps into 2" pieces. Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
1. Ladle dressing into a medium size mixing bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients; toss well.
2. Season with kosher salt and black pepper, and toss to coat the greens.
3. Grab a chilled bowl and pile salad high in the dish.
4. Garnish with Cotija Chips and pepitas