- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1/4 cup Cojita cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- fresh radishes to garnish, if desired
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Travis prefers Kewpie brand)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1. Begin by shucking fresh corn and cutting kernels off the cob. (If desired, save the cobs, place into a pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then cut back to a simmer and cook for two hours. Strain liquid and what your left with is a corn stock. (You should have about 1 1/2 to 2 cups corn stock)
2. To prepare Lime Mayo, combine mayonnaise with lime juice.
2. Add raw corn kernels to saucepan. Add corn stock and cook until stock is evaporated (about 15 minutes) or boil corn for 5 minutes and drain. Place corn in a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup Lime Mayo and remaining ingredients. (Store remaining Lime Mayo in the fridge)
Travis' Note: to elevate the dish a little further, you can crumbled, fresh-baked cornbread over the top and a fresh lime wedge.
Mix together 1 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup fresh lime juice.