- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3/4 cup basil leaves, loosely packed and coarsely choppped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup white pepper
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the pastry in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Don’t prick. Partially bake 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, drain the tomatoes on paper towels. Arrange the wedges over the melted cheese.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining mozzarella with the basil, garlic, mayonnaise, Parmesan, and pepper. Spread evenly over the tomatoes.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve warm.