- Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes or until the bacon is done. Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle. Save the drippings for another use and reserve the bacon pieces in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl gently stir together the peas, red peppers, and red onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the cilantro, jelly, red wine vinegar, oil, jalapeños, garlic salt, and black pepper. Shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Pour the dressing over the pea mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Stir the peaches into the pea mixture and set aside to come to room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Toss with the mixed salad greens and top with the crumbled bacon.
Recipe courtesy of Tammy Algood from her book, Sunday Dinner in the South: Recipes to Keep Them Coming Back for More