- 2 large kohlrabi, peeled and branches trimmed
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- pistachios, roughly chopped
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1-2 thai bird chilies, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
1. To prepare kohlrabi salad, cut kohlrabi in half and slice thin using a mandoline for uniform slices. Put kohlrabi slices in a bowl of ice water. Slice apple on a mandoline and put into the bowl of ice water with the kohlrabi.
2. To prepare dressing, combine coconut milk, ginger, lime zest, lime juice and chilies. Whisk well. Season with salt.
3. To serve, drain the kohlrabi and apple slices and toss together with enough coconut dressing (you may have extra dressing), pistachio and torn mint leaves. Season with salt. Garnish with more pistachios and mint leaves. Serves 6-8