- 5 bacon slices or country ham or pancetta
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large shallots or onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 3 cups whole milk
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 pounds seafood (any combination of raw scallops, crabmeat or salmon) fresh parsley
1. Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon, reserve drippings in skillet. Add potatoes, shallots and flour to drippings and sauté 5 minutes. Add clam juice and simmer until potatoes are tender.
2. Add milk, cayenne, and salt and return to a simmer. Add seafood and cook just until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Stir in crabmeat and parsley and heat through. Serve with bacon on top and oyster crackers.
About this recipe
Sign up for Virgin Bay Seafood’s CSA at virginbayseafood.com. Their dock-to-door CSA delivers 10–12 pounds of salmon, scallops, crab and halibut four times a year in Nashville for $200 per delivery.