- 5 fresh beets, skin on
- 1 pound Morton kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Morton coarse sea salt
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Pour kosher salt into bottom of a glass 8-inch baking dish or skillet. Place beets on top of salt and roast for 45 minutes or until beets are tender. Allow beets to cool on salt for 30 minutes, then peel and dice beets.
3. Toss beets in vinegar and coarse sea salt.
4. Combine goat cheese and olive oil in a bowl and whisk well. Place a spoonful of goat cheese mixture on each plate. Top with beets and 2 tablespoons pistachios.