- 2 cups Wheat Flour (Readyville Mill)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, or frozen strawberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To prepare pancakes, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine butter, eggs, milk and whisk well. Combine flour mixture and egg mixture, stir gently. Let batter stand 10 minutes. Pour batter onto a heated nonstick griddle or skillet, cook 2 minutes or until bubbles appear, flip and cook 1 additional minute. Serve with berry syrup. Yield: 10 4-inch pancakes.
2. To prepare sauce, place berries in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in the maple syrup, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn the heat off, and stir in the vanilla. Serve over pancakes, ice cream, or yogurt. The sauce will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator.